background

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Oonlee Bungalows

I'm fairly certain we could not have picked a better place to stay for the island portion of our trip to Thailand.  We found Oonlee Bungalows (on Koh Jum) on Trip Advisor and fell in love.  Once we got there, however, we REALLY fell in love.  It was amazing.  Beautiful, quiet, private, intimate.  The owners were so friendly, and had our first names down the day we arrived.  

You may think this post is picture overload, but I'm of the thought that there is no such thing when it comes to beautiful images. :)

The water front during low tide.


When you come to the resort, you take a ferry from the mainland, and then take a long tail boat from the fairy to the bungalow.  It was a crazy system. 




This is what you see when you come in. 
 The stonework was beautiful. 

 The stairs were a little hard on my knees, but it certainly got our excersise in daily. 


 This is the restaurant.  The food here was ah-maz-ing.  I didn't have anything I didn't like.  Most things were the best I've ever had.  
 Even the coffee was divine. 






Every morning we'd go to breakfast, linger over coffee, and read a book.  I can't tell you the last time I did that before this trip.  Maybe our honey moon? 





  Who doesn't want to see this amazing sunset view over phi phi every evening?  

 The bungalows were small, but perfect for our needs.  A bed, a bathroom, a balcony.  Who needs more when you're living on an island?
 View from our bed.
Jungle view from our room
Ocean view from our room


 Dear Hammock, 
I love you.
Please have me back soon.
 To be honest, I was slightly nervous about the whole "no hot water thing".  But, it wasn't a big deal.  The water wasn't "cold".  It was hanging out in a basin outside in the heat.  We also took showers after a hot day at the beach, so the cooler water felt wonderful. 





 On valentine's day, they gave me a rose.  Sweet, huh? 




 Eric and I had a wonderful time getting to know the owners.  Valerie was an amazing hostess.  We can't wait to go back.



No comments: