background

Monday, October 4, 2010

things I've learned recently

1. I lurve the Internet.  Ours has been on again, off again for the last few days, (and mostly off again yesterday and today.)and I've come to realize how much I rely on it.  For things like checking Olivia's lunch schedule (which they do not have a hard copy of!) finding a phone number, or a recipe.  I use it for everything.

2.  I can't hear Zeke at night if his door is closed.  I magically slept all the way through the night last night.  I have a feeling that he did not.  I feel bad.  I can actually hear him if he cries with his door shut most of the time.   However, I was extremely exhausted from the previous two nights of screaming/crying that I must have slept through it.

3.   I do not want to ever be a single parent.  Enough said, don't you think?

4.  Kids will always get sick at once, when your husband is out of town.  Again, I think this one is self-explanatory.

5.  There is a time and a place for lots of T.V.  Like right now, with two sick big kids (one has an ear infection and the other one came home from school with a tummy that hurts.) 

6. You never stop worrying if your child is progressing normally.  I've definitely chilled out some, but I still worry about Isaac.  Even though he's my third.  He doesn't really babble all that much, and it concerns me.  So much so, that texted a friend who is a speech pathologist (at O's school, actually) and asked her what she thinks.  I'll let you know what she says. I really think its because he has those two fingers in his mouth all.of.the.time.  (ETA, she said she thinks he's fine.  He's babbling with other sounds...)

7. I love candy corn.  Actually, this isn't something that I've learned.  Its something I already know.  that's why the bag of candy corn is still closed, in the closet, away from me.  I'm still thinking about it, though.  Luckily, its ear marked for A's school party.  I can't eat it.  I can't eat it.  I can't eat it.... 

8.  You can take a child to the zoo, but you can't make him walk.  I drove 2 hours to the zoo to have something fun/cheap to do with the kids while E was gone this weekend.  I ended up carrying the baby in the Moby, and pushing a, rather large and grumpy, boy in the umbrella stroller.  I tried and tried to get him to walk.  But, he knew, in the end, I wasn't turning around and driving home with out seeing the animals.  Stinker.

Well, there goes my blogging for the day.  My Internet may go down any second again, and I have things to do. 

In the mean time, does any one know of any gloves for finger suckers?  I found those kind that have the mitten/fingerless gloves for A.  I am having a hard time for I.  I may just cut the fingers off of a pair of smallish gloves.  What do you all think?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I so agree with the kids getting sick...my husband started his new job in MN yesterday which for a time means he lives up there during the week and my youngest gets sick the very first day. Of course! But I am determined not to get down about it and enjoy our day together!! Have a wonderful day yourself!!

Unknown said...

I am the same way with the internet. I take a class on-line, pay bills on-line; heck I just filled out medical forms on-line!

d e v a n said...

no Internet = really sucky

Just tell yourself that I magically slept all night last night.