background

Monday, February 28, 2011

A sneak peak ((post I wrote before my announcement))

I went to Dr. H today to get more blood work done.  My HCG levels were 8477.  Since I have been having pain in my lower right side, the nurse decided I needed an ultrasound.

Of course, they didn't tell me that when I called.  I didn't find out until I was walking to the door to leave.  I had both boys, and very little in the way of snacks and entertainment.  Very little.

The nurse told me to go ahead and sit in the waiting room until a room was free.  Normally, they are pretty Johnny-on-the-spot in that office.  In fact, I brag constantly about how speedy they get me in and out.  The number one evidence of my confidence in them would be the fact that I took both boys with me. 

Of course, today had to be a day where everyone and their families were sitting in the waiting room.  I felt horribly bad, seeing as how most of the women there have been struggling with IF.  Very few women are  there for RPL.  So, here I am, blatantly waiving my fertility in their faces.  I felt compelled to explain to several of the women around me.  I know, I'm lame.

Moving along, the baby is in the uterus.  That is excellent news.  The nurse was worried that it might be an ectopic pregnancy that was causing my pain.  According to my last menstrual period, I am 6 weeks today (though, when I'm on an un-medicated cycle, my ovulation date is about 4 days later than "normal".)  The technician saw a gestational sac and a "hint" of a yolk sac that was developing.

She seemed very upbeat and positive, saying that everything is there that is "supposed" to be there.  I, naturally, can't help but freak out just a teeny-tiny-tad.  I go back in next week on Tuesday for another scan.  The baby should be able to be seen by then. 

Here's the baby.  Isn't he/she sweet?  That arrow is pointing at the "hint" of the yolk sac.

No comments: