background

Monday, March 17, 2014

Planes and hotel


I can't believe I haven't blogged about our trip to Thailand.  Well, I can believe it.  We've had some crazy stuff happen here lately.  Plus, its a TON-o-pictures (I'm feeling the green spirit today.)

I'm going to break the pictures down to a few posts.  

E heading out to Atlanta

Our HUGE plane that we rode on from Atlanta to Tokyo (14 hour flight, if you're interested.)

This was a tad overwhelming to look at.








We walked around a lot.  As much as we could, really.  It was neat to see the landscape below from the window near the back bathroom.  This is somewhere in Alaska.

I've never seen a glacier before, so this was interesting.

Almost there.  Except... Not really.  Have to get on a flight from Tokyo to Bangkok.

Our hotel was beautiful.  This was the Lobby.                           We ate breakfast by the water.
This is a view from our room.  The city is HUGE!  
Everywhere you look, its sky scrapers!

Our hotel pool was awesome.  Except we didn't use it at all. :) 
By the time we got back to the hotel every day,
 it was surprisingly chilly at the pool. 
Don't be fooled by the name "Jacuzzi"  its really a cold pool with jets. 
Breakfast was so delicious.  
I had sushi every morning along with a small 
sampling of every Asian food I could get my hands on. 

Our hotel- view from the river.  
More breakfast by the river.












The hotel (Hilton Millennium Bangkok) was absolutely wonderful.  We had hotel points from all of E's travel back here in the States.  Our room was upgraded, so we also got to have "high tea" and "cocktail hour" which is how we started every evening in Bangkok.







No comments: