background

Friday, July 31, 2009

Give me oil in my lamp

I'm having a hard time lately with my children. Mainly, the one with the blond hair. (Wait. That's really not much of a clue. ) Mainly the one that can be this happy one second:



and this mad the next.

Or who can wear pretty dresses, and still put on a face like this:



I keep hearing, "its the age". I don't want it to be the age. I want her to get over it. But, if it is truly the age, I want to be a better parent. So, I've been praying for guidance. I really need it. I love my baby girl. I want to be a good mom to her. I want to love spending time together like we do sometimes (lately, it always ends in arguing.)
I feel like this is only a preview of what Jr. High is going to be like.

8 comments:

Beth Herring said...

My oldest 2 girls are 12 months apart and people always thought they were twins too. They would look at me like "are you sure they aren't?" Well.. duh... of course I am!

Enjoy your blog - fabulous kiddos!

Chell said...

I wish I could tell you that Jr High is easier....but it's not. Girls are SO much more emotional. You seem to be a wonderful parent in that you are concerned...keep showing her your love for her and remember...even as adults we have our mood swings...remember that they will to, they are just to young to understand what the heck is going on!

d e v a n said...

Every day I tell D that this is like a glimpse into the future, when he's a teenager. I actually hope it IS the age, because otherwise? He's just being a brat.
I know that sounds mean... but lately I feel like it can be true! He's always been such a sweet child, but anyway. I feel ya!

T- said...

I hate the thought of Jr. High. I may not survive.

Unknown said...

I can only imagine!

((hugs))

Jen said...

Easier to discipline a toddler than a teenager. She will be a joy in junior high because she is being disciplined now.

Cristin said...

I have an 11 month old who can act the same way. I think it's a way for us to appreciate what our own parents went through. (or at least that's what my mother tells me)

I'll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully this will pass!

Photogrl said...

I just posted today about the struggles I'm having with Miss O...

((HUGS))