background

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Look what I learned today!

Update:

I found a new burlap picture and used that instead. I like it much better then the first burlap I used. The other one was too bumpy or something.


Original post:
Sometimes browsing blogs can be really handy. For instance, I'm always looking for new things to do with my photoshop. I love the program, but I don't have the time or money to buy a tutorial book, etc. However, the author of one of my favorite blogs posted this tonight. Its a tutorial on making photos look "antique".



My first attempt, with using a burlap sack as the "antiquing" went okay. Better then I expected, though.





Original

Antiqued








My second attempt was using a scratched steel as the "antiquing". I like the results a lot better.


original




Antiqued






Here E has always thought that my internet time was worthless. Phoey.















6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the pictures. I really like the one you antiqued with the scratched steel.

Cheryl

Jen said...

I like the one with the scratched steel. I've never done that with a photo so I will have to go read that tutorial.

What version of photoshop do you have. I have a bunch of old tutorial books around here and if I have one that will help with your version I will be happy to pass it along to you.

Unknown said...

NEAT!

Tracy said...

Jen- I have PS Elements 6. :)

Photogrl said...

My DH is very proficient with PS...I keep meaning to have him teach me some cool tricks.

Very cool. You did a nice job!

Leza said...

That is so cute. They really do look antique....I think you should frame these and then add little one and have an old frame displaying their precious faces.