background

Monday, August 17, 2009

I love this part

To me, this week starts the fun part of my pregnancy. One of my favorite parts, actually. In the spirit of list making (since it is Monday and all- the official day for lists in our house) here's my "why I love this part" list.

Why I love this part:

  • I don't feel like I'm going to up chuck every two seconds.
  • I don't feel the need to close my eyes every time the children are engaged in an activity- just for a little rest.
  • I got to see my baby via ultrasound, and watch it move all around, suck its thumb, and put its hand up by its face over and over again.
  • We found out its a boy! It always is more fun for me to call the baby a "he" or "she" instead of an "it".
  • Baby boy's kicks are getting stronger. I love feeling those kicks. I almost always stop what I'm doing to just relish them for a few minutes.
  • The baby's kicks are getting strong enough for others to feel! Yipee! E felt him move last night, and the kids both felt a kick this morning. O's face was just unbelievable. Seriously, unbelievable! I wish I had a video of her reaction when she felt his kick. She said "momma! it just gave me a tiny kick!" She got to feel it three times, when all was said and done. If A wasn't begging for breakfast, I'm sure O would've sat there for many more minutes feeling baby boy move.

(Normally I would include things like "I'm not so uncomfortable", etc. However, I am finding that the third baby somehow makes your body think its in the third trimester a bit early. I'm not uncomfortable from my belly, per se. Its more the pelvic pain I feel when I stand or walk too long. It feels like my uterus is falling out.)

So, I am relishing these weeks of my pregnancy. I don't want them to last forever, since I do want to meet this little one. But, I'll love every movement and bump from with in until I do.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

It's nice to get the good part!!! It's so cute that O loved feeling little man move. <3