background

Thursday, August 11, 2011

You win some, you lose some

Win: Not having to wait long to see the OB because it's glucose tolerance testing day.
Lose: Failing said test and having to wait 3.5 hrs for the 3 hr glucose test.
(ETA: I just got the call that I passed the 3 hr test, so I guess that's a win, too!)

Win: A loves Kindergarten!
Lose: He's been exhausted every day this week.  So much so, we've moved his bedtime up to 6:15.




Win: Isaac's new nap schedule.  He's been sleeping 2+ hrs.
Lose: We've been having to lay down with him to get him to sleep/stay in his bed.  Only for naps, but still not great for October when the new baby arrives.

Lose: E traveling for work again soon.
Win: Lots of time in the evening to sew/craft/work on consignment stuff.

Win: My littlest's love of blueberries.  I love to hear him say it, and I love watching him eat them.
Lose: Blueberry diapers.  Enough said.

Lose: Having a family member say "How many weeks do you have left?" then, after I reply, responding with "wow!  You're just going to get bigger?  I mean, you're already big!"
Win: Having someone ask how many weeks I am, then responding with "wow!  you're so tiny!"

Win: Having an awesome OB who schedules your appointments on Mondays since that's her "day on call" and she knows me and my labor history (went into labor with A and I the same day as my appointments)
Lose: Finding out that Awesome Dr will likely be on vacation when I deliver baby girl.  Possibly not, I suppose, but probably so. (She'll be gone the week I'm 37-38 weeks. O and A were 38 wks, I was 37.)

Win: Having a child who is super creative and smart.
Lose: Having a child who is super creative and smart, thus coming up with a way to stuff 10 pennies into our van's cassette deck.

Win: posting pictures from the first day of school.
Lose: No lose.  This one's win-win.





7 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh they are all so incredibly cute with their backpacks...and you look amazing!! :)

Oh and try this for diaper fun...feed your kids pancakes that have a bit of food dye in them and watch what happens...yum-o! :)

Birdie said...

Yay!! You passed your glucose test!!

Dawn said...

What a fun post! Glad to hear you passed the 3hr. No fun! And what a bunch of cuties. Love E holding the back pack too.

Leza said...

Tracy, you are not big at all! I'm bigger than you and this is my first. I think you look great and beautiful! I'm jealous of the doctor situation....my appts are random. Oh and super glad you passed the second test....I have my first one next week and super nervous (i emailed you about this earlier). The kids look adorable for their first day of school!

I'm not looking forward to blueberry diapers....not one bit.

d e v a n said...

Great pictures!

Erin said...

Tracey you look so cute (and so do the kiddos!)...hope you're feeling well and so glad you passed that horrid test. By the way, are you on Facebook?

xoxo,
Erin

Erin said...

I can't remember your last name! I'm on there as Erin Meyers Hingley though :)