background

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I have a confession(s)

CONFESSION 1: 
I peed on a stick today.  (I know, I know.  But, I had my first post baby cycle when Eliza was only 12 weeks old, and haven't had another.)  It was strange.  I actually wanted it to be negative.  I don't think I've ever felt quite like this while looking at a pee stick.

Maybe I'm coming to grips with this being our last baby.  Of course, there's the logistics of Eliza only being 3 months old.  That could have a lot to do with it. So, maybe its not grips I'm coming to, but the sanity that I'm trying to grip onto. 


CONFESSION 2:
It took me 4 weeks to lose 3 lbs.  Yet, only 2 days of dairy free brownies to gain it back.  I secretly am jealous of my husband who can lose that over night.   Or he "cuts out extra snacks" as in, eating one less cooking then he normally would, and loses that weight.  Sheesh.

CONFESSION 3:
I've actually worked up the courage to participate in some heated debates on facebook/in person.  I was typing my view with fervency and spouting off facts to my adversaries.  Wait.  Nope.  That WASN'T me.  But, I did read some and get pretty angry and shake my fist into the air, yelling "Arg!" whilst telling E what I'd LIKE to say that I clearly did not.

CONFESSION 4:
I want Eliza to suck her fingers. Or thumb. She is still not a lover of her pacifier.  Screw not stopping until she's 6 and needs braces when she's 12.  All kids need braces these days.  Plus, I think she's a doll when she does this.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds familiar. Amelia was only 4 months old when I felt the urge to POAS!

Leza said...

I let Peighton suck on her thumb too. It's just too cute not to let her do it. Everyone keeps reminding me that it's easier to get rid of a pacifier than a finger, but how do you tell a 3 month old the consequences of sucking her thumb? You don't!

Oh, and one more thing. I am scared to pee on a stick. I've been nauseated, exhausted, and extra hungry lately. I was on birth control so I have no idea if it's possible, but I'm terrified to find out.

Keep the confessions coming...makes me feel better about that I'm not the only one with secrets lol

Sarah said...

That's how Jameson sucks his fingers! Except he holds his hand backwards. It's so weird.

d e v a n said...

She is definitely a doll!

d e v a n said...

Also, sorry about the brownies...

Mommy Attorney said...

Ah yes, the POAS scare / maybe you're happy thing. Mine was at 5 months. :-)