background

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just as an update

I'm going to post pictures tomorrow, but everything looked good at Dr. C today. They got me in for another u/s. The baby's heart was beating away- 179 bpm. Yay! He or she was also moving a ton! They couldn't really get a clear picture to print because it kept moving its legs and arms all around.

Of course, I had a mild break down in the office when Dr. C came in to talk with me. She hugged me and passed the tissues. Then she said, "you have every right to be nervous. You've had more things happen to you than most women who walk in these doors. In fact, I don't think we've ever had someone with 6 losses here. If we need to bring you in here every week, we will. You won't be the first, and you won't be the last to do that."

Ah. Reassurance. Reassurance that I'm not the only crazy lady out there. :-) But, seriously, reassurance that I'm in good hands and that they care about me. Nice. Super nice.

7 comments:

T- said...

I am so glad everything went well! Yay!

Erin said...

Praise God! Thanks for the update!!!

Jenny said...

I'm so glad everything is ok. Being pregnant is a very scary thing!

d e v a n said...

I'm so glad your Dr was so understanding. I knew she would be!
YAY for a great u/s!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fantastic Dr! I am glad that she is so understanding and supportive.

Prayers that the little bean keeps thriving and growing!

buddhaowen said...

So glad to hear that everything is ok! I hope that you are able to relax a little bit now in that reasuurance. Hang in there!

Heather said...

It's so wonderful to hear about the heartbeat beating so strongly! What wonderful news!