background

Sunday, August 22, 2010

a little sleep deprived

Its been a while since I blogged.  We've been a busy bunch here lately.  E was out of town from Sunday to Thursday night.  We had two children in swim lessons this week, at different times.  Of course, there was school mixed in there, too.  My parents came on Thursday.  We've been busy, busy,busy.

I'm starting to think that "busy" may be a relative term.  I realize that our busy schedule doesn't sound nearly as busy as others.  But, if there's anything I realized this week its that I don't want our schedule to look as busy as others.  I'm tired.  I'm worn out.  I'm sick of driving kids, rushing about, waking up the baby to take him along. 

 Unfortunately (or fortunately.  whatever your view is on this subject) I don't see a slew of after school activities in our future.  Picking up O at the bus, then running in and getting bathing suits on, jumping in the car, rushing to swim lessons, then coming home and starting dinner.  Not only was O exhausted, I felt stressed.  I don't really handle stress super well.

So soccer, girl scouts, ballet? nope. Gymnastics, tap, swimming? Nada.  Cheerleading, Jazz, basketball?  no thanks.

I think Mommy needs an adjustment period to school, just like O.  Maybe after a while I'll get the hang of it and start to feel okay with afternoon activities.  Maybe something non-threatening with little time commitment, like choir.  At least its church, right? 

2 comments:

The Workman Family said...

I'm with you. I'm now really glad that I didn't sign d up for soccer. Maybe next year.

Kelly said...

I totally GET THAT!