background

Monday, September 12, 2011

I have no energy nor desire

I want to relay some information for those of you who care.  However, I'm not feeling so hot right now.  I've got a sore throat and a headache.  So, instead of a well-put together post, you get bullets.  Or asterisks.

*My good friend Devan (I'd link up to her blog if I wasn't so lazy) threw me an ah-mazing baby shower yesterday.  It was just unbelievable.  Cute decorations, awesome food, fun friends, and amazing gifts.  On top of all of that, she made me a diaper cake AND got me a massage gift certificate.  I think I love her. (Well, I already knew I did, but it just reinforced it.)

*I had a panic moment in my bathroom yesterday, getting ready for the shower.  I kept thinking "no one will show up".  I asked E when I'd stop caring if people like me.  He replied "I don't think YOU ever will."  Fine.  I see your point.

*Thankfully, almost everyone showed up.  Which was just wonderful, since I haven't seen a few of those girls in ages.  It was so wonderful and I left feeling so loved and blessed to have such amazing women in my life.

*Today was doctor appointment day.  I had an OB appointment at 9, and Zeke had a sick visit at 11:30.  We left the house at 8, and didn't get back until 12:30.

*I rested for a few minutes after I got Isaac into bed for a nap.  When he woke up, my throat was SO sore, and I had/have a bad headache.  Of course, this happened AFTER we went to the dr.  Sheesh.

*Good news, over all, from the OB.  Baby girl is head down, and her head is low.  Yippee!  I was a little afraid, for a while, that she might be transverse.  The last few days, I have felt her hiccups down low, so I was feeling a tad better.  But, it's good to know that she is, in fact, head down.

*Baby girl must have had a growth spurt.  Last appointment I gained zero pounds in two weeks.  This appointment, I gained 4 lbs AND measured 2.5 weeks ahead.  (Last week, I was about .5 weeks "behind" .  which, really isn't "behind".  I know, its confusing.)  I refuse to think that the weight gain was from my eating of baby shower cake yesterday.  nope.  can't be. ;)

*Unfortunately, it seems as if my upper back pain is likely to be a kidney stone.  Fun.  I mean, it's not completely a surprise.  I had 2 with O's pregnancy, a few after that, and one during Isaac's pregnancy.  But, it just isn't my favorite past time.  I did get a script for Percacet if I need it.  If I don't have any issues before the baby is born, we'll just use it after delivery.

*I hired my doula.  Did I tell you guys that?  She's awesome.  I met with her a few weeks ago with Isaac in tow so we didn't finish everything.  I can't wait to meet with her again (sans Isaac) and get some more things "planned".

*The weather seems to be cooling down a little bit.  At least our morning walks to school are cooler.  I actually wore a T-shirt today, instead of my usual tank top. I know, I know.  It's down-right chilly. :)

*There are some things going on with O that we could use some prayers for.  It's nothing scary, but definitely things that need to be worked out now, while she's 6.  I'll share in more detail another time. It's the kind of topic that needs an entire blog post.

*My friend Devan and I are going away for a girl's night this Friday.  I cannot wait. 

*we still do not have a name for miss baby.  Ack!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for doulas! And, yay for baby showers for a fourth baby! I was secretly hoping for one with Jameson, since I'd had to be on bed rest during my first-baby baby shower and it kind of wasn't fun for me to be lying on the couch like a beached whale while people partied around me. Ah, well. Maybe if we have a fourth!
Sorry about the kidney stones, that sucks a lot.

d e v a n said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I had so much fun getting it all ready!

Leza said...

Glad you picked a doula!!

Glad you had a baby shower, can't wait to see pics!!

I hope you're feeling better now and enjoy your last few weeks. I can't believe how fast all of this is coming! I know it's your 4th, but I'm totally freakin' out over here. :) in a good way of course.

I can't imagine the pain from kidney stones, but I hope you get better and the doctors can ease your pain. You're in my prayers :)