background

Sunday, May 3, 2009

No time

I feel like this last week has gone by really fast (except, of course, the moments in which I was waiting for test results. then it was crawling by!) I haven't had a chance to fill you in on the latest news on my blog. I've twittered a tad more, but haven't had the time to sit down and blog about it all.

Thursday I started to get a little panicky about waiting until monday for my next blood draw. Silly me decided to look at my charts of previous pregnancies and see when it started to go sour. It was basically that third blood draw when the poop hit the fan. So, I decided to call Dr. H and ask if I could come in on friday morning.

Thursday evening, after E got home, I settled down a little. Friday morning, though, was more of the same. I didn't want to call again, and seem like the crazy miscarriage lady, so I just went about my morning. Dr. H's office called around 8:30 and said I could come in at 9:45. (Can I just say that I love them!) I got my results the same day, like usual.

My hcg was at 1658, progesterone still at 20. Hurray! For review my numbers were:
14 days past ovulation: hcg 210
16 days past ovulation: hcg 600
18 days past ovulation: hcg 1658

for those of you who don't know a lot about hcg numbers (and who haven't read my other blog post about hcg numbers) its just supposed to double every 48-72 hours. Mine doubled in 32. yay!

The other exciting thing is that they went ahead and scheduled me for my first ultrasound. I thought I was going to have to wait until next week, when I'll be 6 weeks. The nurse said that we may not be able to hear a heart beat. However, she said that "we'll be able to see what we need to see". I'll go back again at 8 weeks for another ultrasound.

I can't believe I've made it far enough to schedule an ultrasound. Granted, I haven't made it past the 5 week mark, yet (that's on monday). But, things are looking very promising.

Praise God!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am just over the moon with you Tracy!!!

d e v a n said...

:) I'm so happy for you!

Erin said...

hooray!! continued prayers for a strong, safe, and healhy baby!

erin in va

Dan & Hillary said...

Maybe you'll be delivering on Christmas day? A warm hug to you!!

Susan said...

So exciting!

Tiger said...

That is super AWESOME to hear!! I am so happy for you. God bless you and your little one :)

Photogrl said...

Yay, yay, yay!

Such wonderful news!

Charis said...

What exciting news, I know how nerve racking it is waiting on those numbers, and how scary those first ultrasounds can be. Will be praying for peace for you and a healthy pregnancy!