background

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my HSG. I can't, for the life of me, remember what HSG stands for. ha! But, for those of you who don't know, its a proceedure where they push dye up into your uterus and tubes to check for blockages.

The dr. doesn't expect to find anything. He said "We're all assuming that these pregnancies have been in your uterus, but we don't know for sure. That's why we're doing the HSG. However, I'm pretty confident that there won't be any surprises". So basically, we're just doing the test to rule it out.

I have a friend who is currently going to this dr. The very first time she went, he said he thought he knew what her problem was and started on the road to "fix" her. I was pretty excited for that first appointment. However, I went in and felt like he had no answers for me. He had no real "plan" other than just testing, testing, and more testing. Not expecting to find anything of value, but testing just to make sure. I'm glad that we're covering all of the "could be's" but I wish there was something more concrete to say "aha, that's what it is!"

Anyway- I'm pretty nervous for tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the whole shoving things up me and pushing dye in my uterus. I'm a little nervous about the cramping, too. Part of me hopes that they will find something and can just push a a little extra dye through and "fix" it. I know they probably won't, but it would be great if our problem could be fixed tomorrow. *sigh*

No comments: