background

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A different kind of pain

So yesterday, I kept waiting for the sharp, intense, ovulation pains I kept reading about. Last month, in fact, I had some pretty serious ones so I assumed that this month would be worse (due to the 6 follicles versus 2 from last month) Both of my sides were very tender (down by my pubic bone) to the touch. It actually got to the point where it hurt to move much.

The hcg trigger shot is supposed to make you ovulate 24-36 hours after the injection. I waited and waited during that time frame from 6am to 6pm. The tenderness got pretty strong around 6:30. By 8:30pm my sides were so tender, just where my pants pressed up against them hurt!

It was not the same pain that I was expecting to have. I was actually a little worried that I didn't and wasn't going to release my eggs! But, much to my relief, I woke up this morning with relieved tenderness on my right side (my left side still is a tad sore) and a higher temperature. Woot!

Only 12 days left to wait for my blood work. Thankfully, its not a whole two weeks.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

Ouch!! GL!!

Mama2Boys said...

yay prayers otw!

HellcatJill said...

Ouch! I'll be saying extra prayers for you.